Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rung by Hadiqa Kiyani, Kalaam-e-Ameer Khusro (Coke Studio)



Laali merey laal ki
(The red hue of my darling love)

jit dekhun tit laal
(Wherever I look, all I see is red)

Laali dekhan men gayi
(I went to gaze upon that red hue)

main to ho gayi ap hi laal
(And myself turned totally red)

jis ki chunar rung diyo
(Whosoever's veil you dyed)

so dhan dhan wa key bhaag
(Happy was their fortune)

aaj rung hai ree maan rung hai ree
(Today there is colour, Mother! there is colour)

merey mehboob k ghar rung hai ree
(At my sweetheart's home, there is colour)

rung hai ree maan rung hai ree
(There is colour, Mother! there is colour)

morey khwaja k ghar rung hai ree
(At my khwaja's home, there is colour)

sab sakhiyan men chunar more maeli
(Among all the girlfriends, my veil is dirty)

dekh hansen nar naari
(Look! how men and women laugh to see)

ab k bahar chunar mori rung dey
(When spring comes this year, please dye my veil)

rakh ley laaj hamari
(Preserve my honor)

aaj rung hai ree maan rung hai ree
(Today there is color, Mother! there is color)

des bades men dhundi phiri hun
(I have wandered, seeking , from land to land)

tora rung man bhaiyo Nizam-ud-din Auliya
(Yours is the hue that has smitten my heart, O Khwaja Nizamuddin)

Nizam uddin Auliya, alauddin auliya
(O khwaja Nizam uddin, O Alauddin, 'Sabir')

Alauddin auliya, Farid uddin auliya
(O Alauddin 'Sabir', O Farid uddin 'Ganj-i-Shakar')

Farid uddin auliya, Shah Qutb uddin auliya
(O Farid uddin 'Ganj-i-Shakar', O Qutb uddin 'Kaki')

 Shah Qutb uddin auliya, Mueen uddin auliya
(O Qutb uddin 'Kaki', O Mueen uddin Chishti)

Mueen uddin auliya, merey data piya auliya
(O Mueen uddin Chishti, O my dear Data 'Ganj Bakhsh')

merey data piya auliya
(O my dear Data 'Ganj Bkahsh')

main jab dekhun, tab sung hai
(Whenever I look, he is with me)

ree maan, rung hai ree
(Mother! there is colour)

Khusro rain sohaag ki
(Khusrau, the wedding night...)

jaagi pi k sung
(I spent awake with my beloved)

tan mora man preetam ka
(My body and my beloved's soul)

dono aik hi rung
(Colour of both became one)

aey maati k deewaro
(O lamps of clay)

jo suniyo mori baat
(If you listen to what I say)

aaj Khwaja ghar rung hai
(Today there is color at my Khwaja's home)

tum jagiyo saari raat
(So stay awake, gleaming, all the night)

aiso rung aur naheen dekhun kahin bhi main to
(Such a 'color' I have never seen anywhere else)

mujhey apney hi rung men rung ley Khwaja jee
(Dye me in your own hue, Khwaja!)

 mohey rung basanti rung dey Khwaja jee
(Dye me the mustard-yellow of spring, Khwaja jee)

mujhey apney hi rung men rung ley Khwaja jee
(Dye me in your own hue, Khwaja!)

jo tu maangey rung ki rangayi
(If you ask a fee for the dying)

mora joban girwi rakh ley Khwaja jee
(Accept my budding youth as pledge, Khwaja)


13 comments:

  1. Greetings,

    Thank you for this.

    Beautiful words...beautiful voice.

    All good wishes,

    robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. robert, thanks for visiting the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Urooj,for posting the kalam e Ameer Khusro.
    I loved it.
    Chaman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaman, thank you for coming. Yeah the Kalaam is great and sung very well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Urooj, I must admit I like to visit your site whenever I can.The trouble is I lose my way each time and cannot find you sometimes.Is there an easy way to find your blog,if so,kindly let me know.What about your book Gham e Agahi.When will it be completed,will you please let me know?
    Since you are blogging for a while,can you let me know some things I don't know and fail to understand.One is,the blogs I follow is there a certain way to do it?
    I am interested to join you in this,being a novice I get stumped every step of the way.Your help will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Chaman, I am glad to hear that you like to visit my blog. The way to find me is very easy. Just see the right hand side bar at my blog site and there you can see "join this site", where there are the number of members following my blog. Clicking this you will become a follower of my blog and you can follow any other blog using the same way.

    When you will once follow one blog, it will appear on your home blogger page and recent activities are usually updating there too.

    Don't worry if you are new, everyone is someday a new user and later on he/she knows how to handle the blogger. You will easily become familiar in few days :)

    You have asked about Gham e Agahi, and I am glad to tell you that the first part of the novel is nearly finished and soon you will be able to read it somewhere published.

    Keep coming and keep giving me your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind reply,Also your explanation.I will follow your blog Insha Allah.I always learn a great deal by visiting blogs and I am glad you have given me the way to your blog.
    My very best wishes to you,
    Chaman

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Urooj,

    I just wanted to say hello and pretty soon need to update my own membership with you. I have been relying on earlier ways to access your blogs and work as well.

    So glad to hear the book continues as you are one of the most gifted and heartfelt people I've ever met.

    I shall return...

    A most joyful independence day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie my dear, thanks a lot to visit my site and letting me know how you do care about me and my blog :)

    Yes the book is continued and yes I am one of the most gifted people as I have friends like you.

    I always see at your way.

    Thanks for the kind wishes for Independence day and I hope same for you.

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. here is my new poem that i just wrote last night

    https://tabassumkhot.blogspot.com/2019/08/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. but only later do you find out things you wish you had known. That's why you should look at what other owners have to say about it.

    satta king play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  12. गली हो या देसावर जोड़ी मिलेगी सिंगल कंपनी लाखों लोगों ने ज्वाइन की हुई है जो की काफी सालो से जुड़े है हमारे साथ हर महीने 40 से 50 लाख का प्रॉफिट होता है हमारे भाईयों का

    गेम के लिए अभी WhatApp करें

    Shruti (Director)

    08006340877satta king
    http://sattakingg.xyz/
    gali chart
    http://playbazar.ind.in/
    satta king result

    ReplyDelete